December 16, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Day 272.
Growing up, we never had stockings (that I remember). Instead, Santa would send me on a scavenger hunt throughout the house because while he was heating the cookies we left him, his bag broke, or the reindeer were playing games with my presents, etc. It was a wonderful tradition and the story of this stocking is special too. My sister-in-law's grandmother either made it or her friend made it! She has had it for many, many years and there is no holes, tears, rips or anything. It looks like it was knit just last year. I love special presents like this and the memories of my childhood Christmas'. 
I am so incredibly lucky to have such a close family and amazing friends to share this and many more holiday seasons to come. I wish everyone could feel loved during Christmas time instead of sad and alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment