|38 weeks and 4 days|
Symptoms: Same as before. I felt great until a few days ago (about 38 weeks). Now, I am completely ready for baby to come out.
Doctor Appointments: I am down to weekly appointments. Baby has been head down for the past couple weeks, so that is excellent news! The doctor also mentioned baby is about 7 pounds - estimating by feel, so not sure how accurate.
Sleep: Few and far between, but I do fall asleep fast! Though, I certainly feel like a turtle on its back when getting out of bed, which is often with baby cuddling with my bladder.
Movement: Baby is still quite the acrobat and loves to move and dance. The movements are definitely visible if you stare at my belly long enough!
Food Cravings: Less root beer now. I really wanted hot dogs, so tonight we had some. I am also chowing down on watermelon like its my job, but I did that last summer too :)
Things That Happened:
- Older cousin Ariel was born!
- Both Andrew and I celebrated our birthdays. For mine, we went out to dinner and I got delicious pot roast. For Andrew's birthday, I'm pretty sure he put down flooring.
- Had a wonderful family and friends tea party baby shower. It was so great and so many people were able to come out even though the weather was less than ideal. This baby is so incredibly loved.
- Had a work shower, which was also awesome. I mean, they had a make-your-own-sundae bar. Perfect!!
- We took birthing classes, a breastfeeding class, and infant CPR.
- Mostly, we have just been setting up the nursery. It is mostly done, but requires some organization as most of baby's things are still in the basement. We ordered our glider today, so hopefully that comes in fast. A new post with picture of our updated bedroom and baby's room will be coming soon with before and after pictures!
- Andrew had a dream of baby. Amma (Andrew's mom) was holding baby and Andrew asked if he could hold baby since he hadn't yet (aww!). Then, baby started crying and he asked how baby was doing and baby said in a cute little voice "Good". He asked again and baby said the same thing, then he asked if baby knew more words and it said "No". Haha! Also, apparently baby was blonde, but he couldn't tell the gender.
- I made James take some photos of Andrew and I for maternity pictures and I edited some. I can't wait to print some of them out and hang them in the house somewhere! In these pictures, I am 35 weeks, 6 days.
Dr. Baby (baby's in utero name, if I haven't mentioned it), we are ready for you! Anytime you want to join us, we will be over the moon anxious and excited. I can't wait to see what you look like and to hold your little body outside of mine.