February 22, 2015

Second Trimester - Part 2

Second Trimester - Weeks 21 - 25

26 Weeks
Symptoms: I am feeling great! My gag reflex has calmed down, but since I feel great, I get a little over zealous and then I have some ligament pains and I remember I need to take it easy. I think walking the dog every day has really, really helped me. I am definitely slow when walking, but moving helps keep the stretching pain away and makes me feel good as I haven't gained too much weight - just the right amount.

Doctor Appointments: We had one last week with our doctor, who is transitioning to a new position within Beth Israel, so I don't think she'll deliver the baby. Baby's heartbeat was 155 this time and didn't move around too much when trying to find the heartbeat, unlike previous appointments. Shortly after, baby was back to kicking away :)

Sleep: It has been going OK. A few weeks ago, I bought a Snoogle (a giant pillow that goes around me) and it has been GREAT to sleep with. Highly recommended. I plan on trying to use it as a breastfeeding pillow as well. So, I have that pillow around my back and neck, then lean the pregnancy wedge my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas under my belly and I sleep great until I have to pee. Lately, I wake up to pee and am wide awake, which is unfortunate, but then I am so tired the next night, I fall back asleep. It is a vicious cycle.

Movement: Oh my goodness. Baby doesn't stop moving. Baby moves especially when I am hungry, about 30 minutes after I have eaten, if I wake up, and if I lie down. This baby is never going to sleep.

Food cravings: They seem to have disappeared. Though, I wouldn't mind some chocolate covered strawberries...

Things that happened:
- We went to the Azores! It was a pretty good week, full of traveling and adventure (my favorite type of vacation!). There were a few hiccups, but it was a great time and we ended up missing the first huge blizzard of 2015. I'm going to try and make a separate Azore post with pictures and more details. 
22 weeks in the Azores
- We got home, terrified we would not be able to get into our driveway, but our neighbor was so gracious and cleared the snow in both driveways. That was the best present!
- During our vacation week, Andrew felt baby kick for the first time! Now, my belly shakes and you can see a bump if you are looking. Creepy, I know.
- Since that first snowstorm we missed, there have been several others (at least 2 others that shut down my work). It feels like Andrew has been shoveling non-stop for weeks. 

- We officially started working on baby's room. Don't worry! I took before shots and there will most definitely be a before, during, and after post - love those! 
- Last weekend was Valentine's day, so we went out for lunch and did some errands before it started snowing. I wore my cute not-very-wintery jacket and we had our first public recognition of baby in the grocery store line! She said she thinks it is a girl because I am apparently carrying low. 
- And just like that, we are in the third trimester! I am so excited to meet this little baby, but not yet. You still have some cooking left to do little babe (and we still have a lot to do!).



No comments:

Post a Comment